Seattle: Senior Electrical Engineer/ Project Manager
Senior Electrical Engineer
Purpose of position:
Project Engineers are responsible for the discipline-specific project scope which is assigned to them and to assure that the design conforms to industry standards and also meets the commitments the firm has made to the client.
- Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work.
- Monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and Glumac standards.
- Independently applies extensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Uses advanced techniques, theories and practices of related disciplines to complete projects.
- Works on a major project, or several projects of moderate scope, with complex features.
- Attends project meetings with clients. Reflects superior customer service skills.
- Coordinates with all other disciplines in and outside the office.
- Prepares and maintains engineering manuals, including calculations, correspondence, etc.
- Delegates work to Design Engineers, Designers and/or technicians as required.
- Meets project deadlines.
- Maintains fee budgets and scope of work within contract limits and initiates scope change authorizations.
- Assists in preparing proposals.
- Manages projects as needed.
- Responsible for coordination of staffing needs with Department Head in order to maintain schedule through completion of the project.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Relationship to others:
- Communicate with design staff and clients in a clear and professional manner.
- Maintain an excellent client relationship reflecting and representing Glumac.
- Relate to clients in a mature, thoughtful, professional and pleasant way.
- Develop technical skills of staff while mentoring others in a professional way.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Engineering degree, (i.e. BS Engineering) and Professional Engineer (PE) license current in the state individual works and has projects.
- Strong engineering background and understanding of systems and applications in buildings and facilities, including mechanical, electrical, civil, structural and architectural disciplines.
- 15+ years experience.
- LEED accreditation is preferred.
- AutoCAD, MS Office; Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Revit MEP preferred.
- Superior client/customer service skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and within budget/client requests.
- Project management skills (budget control and interdisciplinary coordination).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is a great place to work.
To Be Considered For A Position With Glumac Please Copy And Paste The Following Link To Your Browser: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=7678262
1601 Fifth Avenue, Suite 2210,
Seattle, WA 98101
900 SW Fifth Ave., Suite 1600
Portland, OR 97204
150 California St., 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111-4525
910 Glenn Dr.
Folsom, CA 95630-2527
18200 Von Karman Ave., Suite 100
Irvine, CA 92612
617 W. 7th St., 5th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017-3830
Jing'An China Tower, Ste 303
1701 Beijing West Rd.
Shanghai 200040 China
T: (86) 21-62881010
F: (86) 21-62881050
101 Metro Drive, Suite 100,
San Jose, CA 95110
3960 Howard Hughes Pkwy., #370
Las Vegas, NV 89169
1555 NW Monroe Ave.
Corvallis, OR 97330
1-888-GLUMAC-1 (1-888-458-6221) © 2013 Glumac. All rights reserved. Site design by WOW Branding.