- San Francisco International Airport
- Vacaville Transportation Center
- SeaTac Airport Rental Car Facility
- LA County Metropolitan Transportation Authority Expo Line Operations & Maintenance Facility
- McCarran Airport - Central Utility Plant
- Caltrans District 3 Headquarters
- AltaSea at the Port of Los Angeles
- SeaTac North Satellite Expansion
- Alaskan Way Viaduct / SR 99 Tunnel Replacement
SeaTac Airport Rental Car Facility
For visitors, the Port of Seattle’s self-imposed sustainability mandate sets the tone for the rest of the city. It’s 25-year goal to reduce emissions, increase reliance on renewable sources and preserve surrounding habitats demonstrate the city’s commitment to sustainable building design. Its consolidated rental car facility, a 23-acre off-site location, was designed to forward the Port’s long-term agenda, and contribute to the city’s prominent culture of sustainability.
Glumac’s building commissioning agents helped this project – the largest consolidated rental car facility in the nation to be certified by the USGBC – achieve LEED Silver certification, and be named NAIOP 2012 Public Project of the Year. Notable within the five floor, 2.1 million sf facility are the 22 car wash ports, the water for which is 85% reused, greatly reducing the need for potable water and reducing future water bills. All interior construction utilized organic compound paints, sealants, adhesives and carpets. Additionally, all storm water is treated to prevent sediment and pollutants from reaching local creeks and damaging the water table. Other commission systems include: garage carbon monoxide exhaust systems; and heating, cooling and ventilation systems for administrative, lobby and electrical rooms.
Size: 2.1 million sf
Cost: $350.8 million
End Date: June 2012
Contractor: Turner Construction