BIM CAD Coordinator
BIM / CAD Coordinator
Glumac is a leader in Sustainable Design. Our mission is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work.”
To do this, we look for genuinely passionate people who can thrive in a collaborative environment, care deeply about sustainability and are not afraid of bringing new engineering innovations to building projects. If you also embrace accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you to apply. We are engineers for a sustainable future. Come join us!
- Provide leadership and support to Client.
- Manage the model setup and maintenance for high profile Client.
- Interfaces with contractors, architects and other clients.
- Perform QA review of BIM files for maximum efficiency and accuracy.
- Maintain BIM files using established file saving and storage procedures.
- Responsible for the compatibility of all discipline’s BIM drawings for consistency of graphics, sheet layouts, scales, sheet numbers, title blocks, etc. to assure that the drawing set produced looks consistent office-to-office across Glumac.
- Work with the Project Engineer/Manager with project workflow to establish and maintain consistent graphic standards on individual assigned projects. This includes the interdisciplinary consistency between mechanical, plumbing, fire protection, electrical, telecommunications, etc.
- Provide over-the-shoulder training and mentoring support to other designers, engineers and various project team members on various common Platforms such as Revit, Glue and Navisworks.
- Client communications performed under direction of the Project Engineer/Manager.
- Follow client BIM procedures and standards.
- Participates in coordination meetings to resolve model clashes.
- 5+ years’ experience working in the industry with an in-depth knowledge of the Autodesk Revit software in a similar role.
- Understanding of how the BIM process applies from start to finish for an MEP project
- Experience generating Revit families and project standards
- Ability to communicate technical subject matter to team members and Clients
- Experience generating new solutions to solve BIM problems
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Revit API programming experience is preferred but not required
- Competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package
- 401k with an annual matching contribution.
- Base of 3+ weeks of PTO – accrued Paid Time Off.
- 8 days of regular holidays
- FSA, EAP, Health Advocate and other employee focused health benefit options with Wellness.
- Generous paid referral bonus program.
- Discretionary annual merit bonus.
- Generous Referral Bonus Program.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan allows eligible employees to purchase shares at a discounted rate.
Glumac provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Glumac complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.