Silicon Valley, CA
Glumac is a leader in Sustainable Design and the WELL Building Standard. Our mission is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work.”
To that end, we bring an approach that values simplicity and passive design. This means incorporating energy-efficient and sustainable building technologies into our projects. Water-side economization, air-side economization, indirect/direct evaporative cooling, geothermal cooling, medium voltage to servers, flywheel UPS technologies, efficient transformers.
Mechanically and electrically, we are thought leaders. We work with equipment manufactures to innovate systems that don’t yet exist; we work with them to improve existing equipment offerings. We remain at the forefront of designing innovative data centers. We use design concepts that greatly minimize electrical system losses and maximize an environment’s ability to provide free cooling. We provide sustainable design alternatives for water efficiency, energy efficiency and construction techniques and materials that help to minimize impact on the environment.
To do this, we look for genuinely passionate people who can thrive in a collaborative environment, care deeply about sustainability and are not afraid of bringing new engineering innovations to building projects. If you also embrace accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you to apply. We are engineers for a sustainable future. Come join us!
COMMISSIONING AGENT – SILICON VALLEY OR SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in engineering or related field or related industry experience.
- PE, LEED AP, Commissioning or TAB certification is a plus.
- 5-10+ years of related industry experience required.
- Experience must be mechanical or controls focused
- Strongly preferred 5-10+ years commissioning experience
- Marketing or BD experience a plus.
- Knowledge in Cx Alloy commissioning or similar software
- Technical knowledge of MEP system design and operation, strong controls and instrumentation background.
- Mission critical experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in client facing/client relationship/client management skills, and effective written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, excel)
- Knowledge in Deltek Vision or similar PM software preferred
Vehicle transportation, valid driver’s license and insurance. Ability to climb ladders/stairs and to lift and carry loads in excess of 20 lbs. Able to be on a job site for extended periods of time (8-10 hours). This position will require travel as needed.
- Competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 100% company paid employee PPO medical, dental and vision for employee only coverage.
- 401k with an annual matching contribution.
- Base of 3+ weeks of PTO-Paid Time Off accrued annually.
- 8 days of regular holidays
- FSA, EAP, Health Advocate and other employee focused health benefit options with Wellness.
- Generous paid referral bonus program.
- Discretionary annual merit bonus.
Glumac provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Glumac complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.