Electrical Designer – San Jose, California
Glumac is a leader in Sustainable Design and the WELL Building Standard. Our mission is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work.”
We search for genuinely passionate people who thrive in collaborative environments, care deeply about sustainability and will bring new engineering innovations to building projects. If you also embrace accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you to apply.
We are and will continue to be engineers for a sustainable future. Join us!
- Plan and design electrical power systems for buildings and facilities, including hospitals, light rail, laboratories, high rise offices, educational facilities and other commercial and institutional projects.
- Design and specification of power and control systems, system layouts, load calculations, equipment sizing and selection, performing calculations of lighting systems and associated controls for assigned projects.
- Provide electrical design and performance specifications for lighting, lighting controls, power and low voltage system.
- Engineering calculations, equipment sizing and selection for low and medium voltage.
- Collaborate with other disciplines and Clients.
- 3-5 years of experience as an Electrical Designer working with infrastructure and/or building systems.
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- EIT a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with Clients.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Knowledge of sustainable design strongly desired.
- LEED AP BD+C accreditation is highly desired.
- WELL Certification a plus.
- Competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package
- 401k with an annual matching contribution.
- Base of 3+ weeks of PTO – accrued Paid Time Off.
- 8 days of regular holidays
- FSA, EAP, Health Advocate and other employee focused health benefit options with Wellness.
- Discretionary annual merit bonus.
- Generous Referral Bonus Program.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan allows eligible employees to purchase shares at a discounted rate.
Glumac provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Glumac complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.