Silicon Valley, CA
Glumac is a leader in Sustainable Design and the WELL Building Standard. Our mission is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work.”
To that end, we bring an approach that values simplicity and passive design. This means incorporating energy-efficient and sustainable building technologies into our projects. Water-side economization, air-side economization, indirect/direct evaporative cooling, geothermal cooling, medium voltage to servers, flywheel UPS technologies, efficient transformers.
Mechanically and electrically, we are thought leaders. We work with equipment manufactures to innovate systems that don’t yet exist; we work with them to improve existing equipment offerings. We remain at the forefront of designing innovative data centers. We use design concepts that greatly minimize electrical system losses and maximize an environment’s ability to provide free cooling. We provide sustainable design alternatives for water efficiency, energy efficiency and construction techniques and materials that help to minimize impact on the environment.
To do this, we look for genuinely passionate people who can thrive in a collaborative environment, care deeply about sustainability and are not afraid of bringing new engineering innovations to building projects. If you also embrace accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you to apply. We are engineers for a sustainable future. Come join us!
ENERGY ENGINEER – SILICON VALLEY, CALIFORNIA
- Knowledge of building science and energy modeling for both new construction and existing facilities
- Perform site investigations, performing energy savings calculations, developing cost estimates and written descriptions of energy conservation measures in support of design build energy cost savings proposals and technical audits.
- Provide planning or analysis for repairs, upgrades or replacements of building systems to assist each building in becoming more energy efficient.
- Sustainable Design and Operations experience
- Energy Modeling and Simulation experience
- High Performance Building Design experience
- Building Audit and Commissioning/Retro-Commissioning Services
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, physics or other quantitative science
- EIT or PE registration strongly preferred
- At minimum 3-5+ years of related work experience
- Knowledge of MEP systems and design
- LEED AP or equivalent certifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 100% company paid employee PPO medical, dental and vision for employee only coverage.
- 401k with an annual matching contribution.
- Base of 3+ weeks of PTO – Paid Time Off accrued annually.
- 8 days of regular holidays
- FSA, EAP, Health Advocate and other employee focused health benefit options with Wellness.
- Generous paid referral bonus program.
- Discretionary annual merit bonus.
Glumac provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Glumac complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.