Glumac is a leader in Sustainable Design and the WELL Building Standard. Our mission is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work.”
To that end, we bring an approach that values simplicity and passive design. This means incorporating energy-efficient and sustainable building technologies into our projects. Water-side economization, air-side economization, indirect/direct evaporative cooling, geothermal cooling, medium voltage to servers, flywheel UPS technologies, efficient transformers.
Mechanically and electrically, we are thought leaders. We work with equipment manufactures to innovate systems that don’t yet exist; we work with them to improve existing equipment offerings. We remain at the forefront of designing innovative data centers. We use design concepts that greatly minimize electrical system losses and maximize an environment’s ability to provide free cooling. We provide sustainable design alternatives for water efficiency, energy efficiency and construction techniques and materials that help to minimize impact on the environment.
To do this, we look for genuinely passionate people who can thrive in a collaborative environment, care deeply about sustainability and are not afraid of bringing new engineering innovations to building projects. If you also embrace accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you to apply. We are engineers for a sustainable future. Come join us!
Our internship program is designed to help you bridge the gap between formal education and the workplace. The program comprises a range of core competencies and recommended training and we work with you to develop a plan, outlining your goals and required actions, and provide training that will introduce you to the world of design engineering.
Along with local site visits, technical seminars, and internal and external training, Glumac connects you with team members to source knowledge and experience, which creates an invaluable network that helps you learn, grow, and develop your professional skills.
- Create engineering documents using computer aided design (CAD) technology utilizing AutoCAD software.
- Work closely with engineers during design phase of a project to understand scope of the project information to determine design data needs and guidelines for the project.
- Provide limited design on documents and detail design documents with input from engineers.
- Make corrections and produce final documents for engineers review. Check for integration of sections and coordination of disciplines. Work with engineers to resolve document coordination and production problems.
- May produce drawings and digital design models in 3D software applications.
- Deploy team oriented problem solving.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field.
- 0-2 years’ experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- A strong sense of commitment, a willingness to learn, and a desire to work in a dynamic deadline drive environment.
- Quality and productivity in execution of duties and responsibilities as outlined above.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, understanding of Social Media.
Glumac provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Glumac complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.