Mechanical Designer – San Francisco, California
Glumac is a leader in Sustainable Design and the WELL Building Standard. Our mission is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work.”
We search for genuinely passionate people who thrive in collaborative environments, care deeply about sustainability and will bring new engineering innovations to building projects. If you also embrace accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you to apply.
We are and will continue to be engineers for a sustainable future. Join us!
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent industry experience
- 3-5 years building design engineering using AutoCAD and REVIT software.
- Create mechanical layouts for projects in 3D.
- Work from Engineer’s markups and sketches under minimum supervision.
- Supports project requirements including basis-of design narratives, opinions-of-probable-costs estimates, drawing documentation, systems design and technical specifications.
- Researches, prepares, and presents coordinated design options.
- Reviews drawings and researches code issues to comply with city, state, and county regulations.
- Ensure outputs meet the required standards and meet agreed deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- Proficiency in REVIT and Building and Mechanical Codes and Standards, client facing/client relationship/client management skills and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong engineering background and understanding of systems application in building and facilities.
- Certified Engineer-in-Training (EIT) a plus.
- Competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package
- 401k with an annual matching contribution.
- Base of 3+ weeks of PTO – accrued Paid Time Off.
- 8 days of regular holidays
- FSA, EAP, Health Advocate and other employee focused health benefit options with Wellness.
- Discretionary annual merit bonus.
- Generous Referral Bonus Program.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan allows eligible employees to purchase shares at a discounted rate.
Glumac provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Glumac complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.