Glumac is a leader in Sustainable Design and the WELL Building Standard. Our mission is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work.”
To that end, we bring an approach that values simplicity and passive design. This means incorporating energy-efficient and sustainable building technologies into our projects. Water-side economization, air-side economization, indirect/direct evaporative cooling, geothermal cooling, medium voltage to servers, flywheel UPS technologies, efficient transformers.
Mechanically and electrically, we are thought leaders. We work with equipment manufactures to innovate systems that don’t yet exist; we work with them to improve existing equipment offerings. We remain at the forefront of designing innovative data centers. We use design concepts that greatly minimize electrical system losses and maximize an environment’s ability to provide free cooling. We provide sustainable design alternatives for water efficiency, energy efficiency and construction techniques and materials that help to minimize impact on the environment.
To do this, we look for genuinely passionate people who can thrive in a collaborative environment, care deeply about sustainability and are not afraid of bringing new engineering innovations to building projects. If you also embrace accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you to apply. We are engineers for a sustainable future. Come join us!
- Perform complex mechanical building design and possess the ability to perform that design in REVIT and AutoCAD software.
- Strong engineering background and understanding of HVAC systems application in buildings and facilities.
- Perform load calculations with industry software (ex. Trace Trane) and Microsoft Excel or other related software.
- Manage and execute assignments and assume ownership as the Mechanical Engineer on projects.
- Provide support and/or understanding of project management in large and complex projects
- Experience should be in a variety of projects such as, but not limited to, healthcare, data centers, mixed developments and institutional/university projects.
- Experience must include using software (such as AutoCAD and MS Office) to perform complex calculations, proficiency in Building and Mechanical Codes and Standards, client facing/client relationship/client management skills and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace sustainable design through a Team approach.
- Collaborate with other internal and external disciplines to ensure proper building design
- Collaborate with Clients to ensure proper building design.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field is required.
- 4+ years’ MEP consulting engineering or A/E firm as a Mechanical Engineer.
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Experience must include using design software (such as AutoCAD, REVIT) and Trace Trane, Excel or other industry related softwares to perform complex load calculations.
- Proficient working knowledge in Building and Mechanical Codes and Standards.
- Client facing/client relationship/client management skills and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management skills to include budget control, interdisciplinary coordination, superior Client service skills and ability to meet Client requests and deadlines within budget.
- This position requires a current Washington Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- LEED Accreditation is a plus.
- Well Certification a plus.
- Competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 100% company paid employee PPO medical, dental and vision for employee only coverage.
- 401k with an annual matching contribution.
- Base of 3+ weeks of PTO – Paid Time Off accrued annually.
- 8 days of regular holidays
- FSA, EAP, Health Advocate and other employee focused health benefit options with Wellness.
- Generous paid referral bonus program.
- Discretionary annual merit bonus.
Glumac provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Glumac complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.