Mission Critical Electrical Designer
Sacramento, California but we are open to fill this position in one of our other locations.
Glumac is a leader in sustainable design. Our mission is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work™.”
To that end, we bring an approach that values simplicity and passive design. This means incorporating energy-efficient and sustainable building technologies into our projects, such as radiant heating and cooling, daylight and rainwater harvesting, and renewable energy systems.
To do this, we look for genuinely passionate people who can thrive in a collaborative environment, care deeply about sustainability and are not afraid of bringing new engineering innovations to building projects. If you also embrace accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you to apply.
“We are engineers for a sustainable future. Come join us!” We are currently seeking a Mission Critical Electrical Designer for any of our locations.
If you have a proven track record, we will do what we can to welcome you aboard!
- Plan and design electrical power systems for mission critical facilities.
- Design and specification of power and control systems, system layouts, load calculations, equipment sizing and selection.
- Engineering calculations (voltage drop, underground Neher-McGrath calculations, short circuit, over current device coordination, arc flash energy and load flow studies), equipment sizing and selection for low and medium voltage.
- Collaborate with other disciplines and Clients.
- Meet with equipment vendors to discuss design and installation of systems.
- Site Visits to construction sites for field reports and punch lists to ensure design matches engineering intent.
- 1-5 years of experience as an Electrical Designer working with infrastructure and/or building systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- EIT certification a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with Clients.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Ability to work in fast tempo environment.
- Knowledge of sustainable design strongly desired.
- LEED AP BD+C accreditation is highly desired.
- Competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 100% company paid employee PPO medical, dental and vision for employee only coverage.
- 401k with an annual matching contribution.
- Base of 3+ weeks of PTO – Paid Time Off accrued annually.
- 8 days of regular holidays
- FSA, EAP, Health Advocate and other employee focused health benefit options with Wellness.
- Generous paid referral bonus program.
- Discretionary annual merit bonus.
Glumac provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Glumac complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.