Plumbing Designer – All Levels
Glumac is a leader in Sustainable Design and the Well Building Standard. Our mission is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work.”
To that end, we bring an approach that values simplicity and passive design. This means incorporating energy-efficient and sustainable building technologies into our projects. Water-side economization, air-side economization, indirect/direct evaporative cooling, geothermal cooling, medium voltage to servers, flywheel UPS technologies, efficient transformers.
Mechanically and electrically, we are thought leaders. We work with equipment manufactures to innovate systems that don’t yet exist; we work with them to improve existing equipment offerings. We remain at the forefront of designing innovative data centers. We use design concepts that greatly minimize electrical system losses and maximize an environment’s ability to provide free cooling. We provide sustainable design alternatives for water efficiency, energy efficiency and construction techniques and materials that help to minimize impact on the environment.
To do this, we look for genuinely passionate people who can thrive in a collaborative environment, care deeply about sustainability and are not afraid of bringing new engineering innovations to building projects. If you also embrace accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you to apply. We are engineers for a sustainable future. Come join us!
We are currently seeking MEP Plumbing Engineers and Designers for multiple locations. Duties and role will vary depending on level of experience.
Whether you are a PE, EIT or Designer, and have a proven track record, we will do what we can to welcome you aboard!
Job Duties and Requirements
- 7+ plus years of MEP industry design experience required.
- 5+ years of REVIT and AutoCAD design software experience.
- Strong design background and understanding of systems and applications in buildings and facilities, including coordination with other disciplines – mechanical, electrical, civil, structural and architectural.
- Proficiency in understanding building codes and standards.
- Client facing/client relationship/client management skills, and design experience including fire protection, fuel oil, and TI spaces preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, time management required.
- EIT or PE a plus.
- LEED accreditation a plus.
- CPD certification a plus.
- Competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 100% company paid employee PPO medical, dental and vision for employee only coverage.
- 401k with an annual matching contribution.
- Base of 3+ weeks of PTO – Paid Time Off accrued annually.
- 8 days of regular holidays
- FSA, EAP, Health Advocate and other employee focused health benefit options with Wellness.
- Generous paid referral bonus program.
- Discretionary annual merit bonus.
Glumac provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Glumac complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.