Project Accountant – Portland, OR
The ideal candidate will have four or more years of experience in project accounting and possess excellent cross-organizational communication skills. This position plays a critically role in ensuring that complex project deadlines are met and results are delivered. Time management, critical thinking skills, the ability to work well in a team setting, initiative, flexibility, ability to lead and motivate are all important in this role.
Responsible for all aspects of project billing, planning and reporting for the Commissioning and Energy group, including review of contracts, ensuring project billing terms are established in accordance with the terms of the contract, identification and recordation of direct and reimbursable expenses, compilation and maintenance of accounting records and files, etc. Will assist Project Managers with establishing project plans, assigning resources to plans as appropriate and validating the accuracy of project information in management reports. Must have ability to effectively apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and to prepare accurate project and financial reports for management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Assist Project Managers in setting up project plans and optimizing project profitability.
- Review status of contracts with management and follow up accordingly.
- Review current projects and establish that new projects are set up in accordance with company policies and contractual obligations.
- Prepare, review and generate a variety of project and AR billing reports for Project Managers.
- Produce invoices for Client billing.
- Review documentation to ensure that invoicing is accurate, appropriate, complies with contract terms and meets Client’s expectations.
- Understanding of project waivers and lien releases, such that they are prepared for the correct amount, covering the proper time period, etc.
- Prepare credit and debit memos as necessary.
- Answer customer inquiries.
- Resolve customer disputes.
- Analyze customer accounts and assist in collection of outstanding AR balances.
- Prepare analysis of accounts, as required.
- Assist in period-end closing.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Possess a teamwork approach, while being able to be assertive and proactive.
- Ability to work collaboratively at all levels of the organization.
- Good work ethic combined with a positive attitude.
- Microsoft Office Professional with emphasis on EXCEL and strong computer skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The essential duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must have strong understanding of accounting with an Associate’s Degree (A. A.) or equivalent from an accredited two-year college or technical school plus two years related experience; four years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience in project billing required.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial data, technical procedures, engineering deliverables and organizational regulations. Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with Project Managers, counterparts in other offices and with Controller.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions and percentages.
Aptitude to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTERS/ACCOUNTING SYSTEMS
Working knowledge of MS Office products including Word, Outlook and Power Point. Advanced experience utilizing Excel to develop spreadsheets for analytical purposes. Prior experience working with Deltek Vision, FMS, Wind2, Axium or other project management software is preferred but not required.
Must be a self-starter who wants to work with great people and contribute to the continued success of a great organization. We will look particularly close at candidates who possess enthusiasm, passion and ambition. Prior experience in the construction, architecture or engineering industry is preferred but not necessary.
- Competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package
- 401k with an annual matching contribution.
- Base of 3+ weeks of PTO – accrued Paid Time Off.
- 8 days of regular holidays
- FSA, EAP, Health Advocate and other employee focused health benefit options with Wellness.
- Generous paid referral bonus program.
- Discretionary annual merit bonus.
- Generous Referral Bonus Program.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan allows eligible employees to purchase shares at a discounted rate.
Glumac provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Glumac complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.