Project Coordinator – San Diego, CA
Glumac is a leader in Sustainable Design and the WELL Building Standard. Our mission is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work.”
We search for genuinely passionate people who thrive in collaborative environments, care deeply about sustainability and will bring new engineering innovations to building projects. If you also embrace accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you to apply.
We are and will continue to be engineers for a sustainable future. Join us!
The Project Coordinator supports the Project Manager in day-to-day non-technical and semi-technical project functions, including tasks related to project scope, budget, schedule, and the coordination of team members and sub-consultants. This position requires an understanding and proficiency in project management process and terminology, as well as engineering and construction methodology, and client relationship management.
- Proficient at using the various Intel-Skanska platforms and POC for accessing all of the information.
- This individual needs to have construction experience and needs to understand construction processes
- This position will take care of the administrative end of the Glumac management staff supporting the project.
- Ideally, looking for someone with 10 years plus experience.
- Takes initiative in assisting with project functions
- Ensures confidentiality in sensitive business matters and financials
- Has authority from Project Manager to step in and provide project management leadership and independent judgment as needed
- Acts as secondary point of contact for the client and all team members
- Supports maintaining project schedule
- Supports the Project Manager in performing change, risk, and contract management procedures
- Writes ASRs and contracts; tracks modifications
- Assesses vendor and sub-consultant proposals/contracts
- Supports managing project costs, budgets, and resources
- Performs cost tracking and cost analysis functions (including JTD, ETC, EAC, etc.)
- Manages billings, schedules of values, and sub-contracts in conjunction with Project Accountant
- Mitigates budget overruns
- Updates Vision planning to keep project information and labor planning current
- Coordinates project team members and manages information/issues between team
- Assists client, sub-consultants, and Glumac team members
- Facilitates team meetings
- Oversees Project Assistants
- Manages the coordination and timely completion of all project records, including drawings, specifications, RFIs, submittals, and meeting minutes. Provides assistance with final QA/QC of all such documentation at project milestones.
- Coordinates with city permitting offices for procurement of permits
- Performs Construction Administration (CA) support, including punch-list and as-built documentation management
Relationship to others
- Reports directly to the Project Manager and works closely with other members of the project team
- Typically acts as the “hub of the wheel” in coordination and communication with others
- Able to lead and motivate team members to ensure project success
knowledge and experience
- Degree in Project Management or Construction Management and/or equivalent experience
- Understanding of MEP engineering, project management processes and terminology, and construction methodology
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and strong attention to detail
- Person must be detail oriented and must be computer systems savvy.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to manage multiple tasks, competing priorities, and changing work in a dynamic, fast-pace environment
- Strong client relationship management skills
- Competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package
- 401k with an annual matching contribution.
- Base of 3+ weeks of PTO – accrued Paid Time Off.
- 8 days of regular holidays
- FSA, EAP, Health Advocate and other employee focused health benefit options with Wellness.
- Discretionary annual merit bonus.
- Generous Referral Bonus Program.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan allows eligible employees to purchase shares at a discounted rate.
Glumac provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Glumac complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.