Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer – Seattle, Washington
Glumac is a leader in Sustainable Design and the WELL Building Standard. Our mission is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work.”
We search for genuinely passionate people who thrive in collaborative environments, care deeply about sustainability and will bring new engineering innovations to building projects. If you also embrace accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you to apply.
We are and will continue to be engineers for a sustainable future. Join us!
- Provide overall leadership and contribute to marketing and business development for the office as well as mentoring the electrical staff.
- Seller-doer working closely with clients to manage their needs, budget expectations and project schedules.
- Plan and design electrical power systems for buildings and facilities, including hospitals, light rail, laboratories, high rise offices, educational facilities and other commercial and institutional projects.
- Lead face to face and other technical communication with clients on MEP topics.
- Acts as “Engineer of Record”.
- Design and specification of power and control systems, system layouts, load calculations, equipment sizing and selection, performing calculations of lighting systems and associated controls for assigned projects.
- Prioritize engineering project team labor to meet multiple moving deadlines and track project budgets.
- Review MEP systems designed by others, interface with code officials and contractors, working with architects and other clients.
- Lead assigned project teams as they perform their tasks and participating in budgeting, scheduling, and staff management.
- Assist in marketing and development of new and existing Clientele.
- Participate in activities and organizations related to our industry outside of daily business routine, developing peer relationships, technical growth, and business contacts.
- 15-20 years of experience as an Electrical Engineer working with infrastructure and/or building systems.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Current Professional Engineering PE license in the State of Washington.
- Experienced Project Manager to understand Client’s desired outcome as it relates to budget and timing and drive designs communicating those deliverables within the team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience maintaining successful client relationships.
- Excellent planning and organization skills with ability to lead multiple-discipline project teams.
- Ability to mentor and train young engineers, reviewing their work and giving appropriate feedback to ensure quality control.
- Significant sustainable design experience strongly desired.
- LEED AP BD+C accreditation is highly desired.
- WELL preferred.
- Competitive salary along with a rich and comprehensive benefits package.
- 401k with an annual matching contribution.
- Base of 3+ weeks of accrued annual Paid Time Off (PTO).
- 8 days of regular holidays.
- FSA, EAP, Health Advocate and other employee focused health benefit options with Wellness.
- Generous Paid Referral Bonus Program.
- Discretionary Annual Merit Bonus.
- 50% Public transit is paid for by Glumac
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan allows eligible employees to purchase shares at a discounted rate.
Glumac provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Glumac complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.