Mechanical Engineer – Project Manager
Mechanical Engineer PM – Sacramento-Folsom, California
Glumac is a leader in Sustainable Design and the WELL Building Standard. Our mission is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work.”
We search for genuinely passionate people who thrive in collaborative environments, care deeply about sustainability and will bring new engineering innovations to building projects. If you also embrace accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you to apply.
We are and will continue to be engineers for a sustainable future. Join us!
- Perform complex mechanical building design and possess the ability to perform that design in REVIT and AutoCAD software.
- 10 years + engineering background and understanding of HVAC systems application in buildings and facilities.
- Manage and execute assignments and assume ownership as the Mechanical Engineer on projects.
- Engineer of Record
- Project management experience to include:
- Responsible for the Communication necessary with all parties to ensure a successful project.
- Directly or indirectly involved in writing the Proposal and Fee.
- Responsible for direct and regular interaction with the Client.
- Have a solid understanding of the scope of the work to be performed.
- Work directly with Projecting Accountants / Accounting to ensure that a profitable project is achieved.
- Coordination and management of the Team and any others involved in the project.
- Ensure the Team has the necessary tools and receives regular and timely information to produce a successful project.
- Main point of contact for the Project.
- In depth knowledge of the financial aspect of the project to ensure financial success of the project.
- Responsible for delivering an end project that satisfies the Client.
- Work directly with the Principal in Charge throughout the project to ensure the success of the project.
- Experience should be in a variety of projects such as, but not limited to, healthcare, data centers, mixed developments and institutional/university projects.
- Experience must include using software (such as REVIT, AutoCAD, Trace Trane, MS Office, etc.) to perform complex calculations, proficiency in Building and Mechanical Codes and Standards, client facing/client relationship/client management skills and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace sustainable design through a Team approach.
- Collaborate with other internal and external disciplines to ensure proper building design.
- Collaborate with Clients to ensure proper building design.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field is required.
- 10 plus years’ MEP consulting engineering or A/E firm as a Mechanical Engineer.
- Experience must include using design software (such as AutoCAD, REVIT) and Trace Trane, Excel or other industry related software to perform complex load calculations.
- Proficient working knowledge in Building and Mechanical Codes and Standards.
- Client facing/client relationship/client management skills and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong PM experience.
- This position requires a current California Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- LEED Accreditation is a plus.
- WELL Certification a plus.
- Competitive salary along with a rich and comprehensive benefits package.
- 401k with an annual matching contribution.
- Base of 3+ weeks of accrued annual Paid Time Off (PTO).
- 8 days of regular holidays.
- FSA, EAP, Health Advocate and other employee focused health benefit options with Wellness.
- Generous Paid Referral Bonus Program.
- Discretionary Annual Merit Bonus.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan allows eligible employees to purchase shares at a discounted rate.
Glumac provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Glumac complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.