Senior Mission Critical Electrical Engineer Lead – Open Office Location
Senior Mission Critical Electrical Engineer – Lead – Open Office Location
Glumac is a leader in Sustainable Design and the WELL Building Standard. Our mission is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work.”
We search for genuinely passionate people who thrive in collaborative environments, care deeply about sustainability and will bring new engineering innovations to building projects. If you also embrace accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you to apply.
We are and will continue to be engineers for a sustainable future. Join us!
- Electrical Engineering Leader of Mission Critical.
- This position will share in operational leadership responsibility and contribute to business development for the Mission Critical Sector as well as mentoring the electrical staff.
- Deliver projects as well as serving as an industry thought leader.
- Leverages extensive experience in this sector, drive client and business development, while nurturing client management, industry leadership and share in the overall management of the business unit.
- In this highly visible role, the individual will work with the Executive Leadership team within the firm to expand this market.
- As a seller-doer , you will work closely with Clients to manage their needs, budget expectations, projects schedules, and team management.
- Assist in the identification and development of key strategic partnerships.
- Write case studies, speak at industry events and contribute to overall brand awareness.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead face to face and other technical communication with clients on MEP topics.
- Acts as “Engineer of Record”.
- Design and specification of power and control systems, system layouts, load calculations, equipment sizing and selection, performing calculations of lighting systems and associated controls for assigned projects.
- Prioritize engineering project team labor to meet multiple moving deadlines and track project budgets.
- Review MEP systems designed by others, interface with code officials and contractors, working with architects and other clients.
- Leading assigned project teams as they perform their tasks and participating in budgeting, scheduling, and staff management.
- Assist in marketing and development of new and existing clientele.
- Participate in activities and organizations related to our industry outside of daily business routine, developing peer relationships, technical growth, and business contacts.
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Current Professional Engineering PE license.
- 15 to 20 years of experience as an Electrical Engineer working with infrastructure and/or mission critical facilities, while developing and growing the market.
- A track record of successful management of large-scale clients/projects with appropriate references.
- Candidates will have demonstrated examples of strong relationships he/she has developed with top level management within the Mission Critical industry.
- Expertise and background in all project design phases and familiarity with specialized design concepts for hardened and/or other specialty project types in the industry.
- Strong knowledge of MEP design solutions related to reliable, redundant and scalable Mission Critical facilities.
- Experienced Project Manager to understand Client’s desired outcome as it relates to budget and timing and drive designs communicating those deliverables within the team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience maintaining successful client relationships.
- Excellent planning and organization skills with ability to lead multiple-discipline project teams.
- Ability to mentor and train young engineers, reviewing their work and giving appropriate feedback to ensure quality control.
- Significant sustainable design experience strongly desired.
- LEED AP BD+C accreditation is highly desired.
- Competitive salary along with a rich and comprehensive benefits package.
- 401k with an annual matching contribution.
- Base of 3+ weeks of accrued annual Paid Time Off (PTO).
- 8 days of regular holidays.
- FSA, EAP, Health Advocate and other employee focused health benefit options with Wellness.
- Generous Paid Referral Bonus Program.
- Discretionary Annual Merit Bonus.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan allows eligible employees to purchase shares at a discounted rate.
Glumac provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Glumac complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.