Senior Plumbing Designer
Plumbing Designer/Engineer – San Diego, California
We search for genuinely passionate people who thrive in collaborative environments, care deeply about sustainability and will bring new engineering innovations to building projects. If you also embrace accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you to apply.
We are and will continue to be engineers for a sustainable future. Join us!
JOB DUTIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Manage and execute all matters in the plumbing design and assume ownership on projects as a directed by the Lead Plumbing Designer/Engineer.
- 15+ years of MEP industry plumbing design experience required.
- Strong design background and understanding of systems and applications in buildings and facilities, including coordination with mechanical, electrical, civil, structural and architectural disciplines.
- 5+ years of REVIT / AutoCAD experience.
- Proficiency or experience in the following codes and standards: UPC, IPC, NFPA, & IBC
- Design experience including fire protection, fuel oil, med gas, institutional, residential, and high rise preferred.
- Project management and client interaction skills required.
- Effective written, verbal communication, and time management skills required.
- Experience in construction of mechanical systems.
- EIT or PE a plus.
- CPD a plus.
- LEED accreditation a plus.
- WELL accreditation a plus.
- Competitive salary along with a rich and comprehensive benefits package.
- 401k with an annual matching contribution.
- Base of 3+ weeks of accrued annual Paid Time Off (PTO).
- 8 days of regular holidays.
- FSA, EAP, Health Advocate and other employee focused health benefit options with Wellness.
- Generous Paid Referral Bonus Program.
- Discretionary Annual Merit Bonus.
- 50% Public transit is paid for by Glumac
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan allows eligible employees to purchase shares at a discounted rate.
Glumac provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Glumac complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.