Sustainability Project Manager
Sustainability PM – Los Angeles or Irvine, California
Glumac is a leader in Sustainable Design and the WELL Building Standard. Our mission is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work.”
We search for genuinely passionate people who thrive in collaborative environments, care deeply about sustainability and will bring new engineering innovations to building projects. If you also embrace accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you to apply.
We are and will continue to be engineers for a sustainable future. Join us!
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage or support USGBC LEED green building certifications from the initial project charrette to plaque award.
- Learn and apply Living Building Challenge, WELL and Fitwel certification to single and multiple building developments.
- Speak at one conference, industry event, or Glumac education session each quarter.
- Regularly develop or provide content for proposals, meet with clients and attend project interviews.
Reports to the Chief Sustainability Strategist
- This position will lead or support sustainability projects and initiatives in California.
- The successful candidate will be proficient at project management and communicating sustainability topics to clients, project teams, industry partners and the company.
- As a project manager, the candidate will be responsible for understanding client project goals, anticipating solutions, and bringing the most relevant, economically viable sustainability alternatives to our engineers. The successful candidate will proactively get involved early and often on projects, introducing sustainability options to project teams allowing for more efficient integration during design.
- We are seeking a proactive, self-motivated individual who enjoys advocating for sustainability inside and outside of the company. This includes leading or supporting education initiatives for our employees as well as marketing and business development pursuits with our industry partners.
- The Sustainability Project Manager’s success will be measured by employee and business value to the firm. Relevant metrics include client feedback, contribution to sustainability-focused project wins, project profitability, employee engagement, and speaking opportunities.
The Sustainability Project Manager should work to integrate sustainability into the fabric of the company by acting as a liaison to our clients, employees, and industry partners seeking to increase their sustainability initiatives. A successful candidate’s performance will be reviewed after a 90-day trial period.
- Enjoys playing to people’s strengths, and finding solutions as a team
- Dynamic, passionate, proactive, and self-driven
- LEED AP BD+C, ID+C, and/or EBOM accredited
- Ability to clearly communicate in verbal and written form
- Comfortable leading meetings and speaking in front of groups
- Able to insert themselves on projects to lead sustainability explorations and goal-setting exercises
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, urban planning, engineering, energy or environmental management, or construction
- 5 to 15 years-experience in the A/E industry as a sustainability professional
- Competitive salary along with a rich and comprehensive benefits package.
- 401k with an annual matching contribution.
- Base of 3+ weeks of accrued annual Paid Time Off (PTO).
- 8 days of regular holidays.
- FSA, EAP, Health Advocate and other employee focused health benefit options with Wellness.
- Generous Paid Referral Bonus Program.
- Discretionary Annual Merit Bonus.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan allows eligible employees to purchase shares at a discounted rate.
Glumac is an equal opportunity employer (AAP/EEO). Glumac does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, religious dress or any other category protected by law.