Glumac provided full MEP engineering and office tower and design development drawings for CityScape Phoenix in Phoenix, Arizona. A focal point for urban living and community activity, this 1.2 million-square-foot multi-use development connects the people, places, and events of metropolitan Phoenix into a dynamic downtown destination.
The entire development includes a 600,000-square-foot office and retail tower, which was built in the first phase. The second phase included another tower for the 250-room Kimpton Hotel, 14-stories comprising 224 apartment units, and 53,000 square feet of parking.
The project was completed under design-build delivery and CityScape Phoenix received the Kilowatt Crackdown Award for most improved ENERGY STAR benchmarked building above 500,000 square feet in Greater Phoenix. Cityscape Phoenix won this award based on its EPA ENERGY STAR rating that improved from 81, which is considered above the national average, to 97 through the 2013 calendar year.
- Core and shell for multiple tenant arrangement
- District chilled water
- Variable flow chilled water
- Multiple pressurization fans
- Floor-by-floor VAV AHUs
- Minimum OSA, gas-fired make-up air unit
- Variable speed garage exhaust with CO sensors
- APS vault with redundant transformers
- Emergency generator
- Minimal infrastructure with two plumbing stacks
- Zoned pressure zones
- Fire pump
- Worked with CCi for life/safety systems
Size: 2,491,149 square feet, 28 floors
Project Cost: $336 million
Completion Date: 2011
Contractor: AECOM Hunt
Owner: RED Development
Services: MEP Engineering