- Nike Shanghai
- Arch|Nexus SAC
- Gensler San Diego Studio
- Johnson Controls - Shanghai
- Daimler Nova North America Headquarters
- Amazon HQ - Vulcan Blocks 44, 45, 52e
- Experience Music Project Launch Pad
- Vestas Americas HQ
- Edith Green-Wendell Wyatt Federal Building
- Alibaba Asia Headquarters - Visitor Center
- Confidential Corporate Campus Renovation
- Nike World Headquarters
- Mercy Corps
- Jones Lang LaSalle HQ - Shanghai
- DGS Natural Resources HQ, P Street
- Hyundai Motors North American Headquarters
- DGS O Street Office Building
Confidential Corporate Campus Renovation
San Ramon, California
With a campus-wide renovation underway, a confidential client had plans for a near total renovation of its 60,000 sf office space, and sought an engineering firm to offer tailored mechanical, electrical, and plumbing design to ensure the client’s energy reduction needs and commitment to sustainability were successfully met.
After an energy model was performed, it was determined several innovations would support that effort, including the introduction of a displacement ventilation system that introduces low velocity air at the floor level and utilizes the occupant’s bodies as a convection plume to further diffuse and disperse air throughout the space. This greatly reduces the energy needs of the heating and cooling system and provides a more even level of occupant comfort than a traditional overhead system. The modifications to the existing façade allowed for the introduction of greater levels of natural light, which, coupled with artificial lighting controls provide even levels of light throughout the space and a comfortable environment that enhances worker productivity.
These innovations allowed the facility to achieve a total energy reduction of 22%, and led to it achieving LEED Gold certification.
Size: 60,000 sf
Cost: $26 million