- Creekside Community High School
- California State University Stanislaus Student Union
- CSU Long Beach Clean Energy Master Plan
- University of Oregon Jane Sanders Softball Stadium
- Santa Barbara City College West Campus Center
- Chapman University Keck Center for Science and Engineering
- California State University Northridge Sustainability Center
- San Diego State University Engineering & Interdisciplinary Sciences Building
- California State University Northridge Student Housing Phase 2
- Matthew Knight Arena - University of Oregon
- Harvey Mudd College Drinkward Hall Student Housing
- University of Texas Football Players Facility
- UCLA Hitch Suites and Commons Buildings
- AltaSea at the Port of Los Angeles
- Mission College Student Engagement Center
- University of Washington, Tacoma - Russell T. Joy Building
- Pacific Northwest College of Art
- Los Angeles Community College District’s Pierce College Library/Learning Crossroads
- University of Washington Bothell - Discovery Hall
- University of Oregon - Straub Hall
- Los Gatos Library
Harvey Mudd College Drinkward Hall Student Housing
With its ever-growing student population, Harvey Mudd College’s new 45,000 sf, three-story student housing project is part of an initiative to provide student housing for its entire student body.
The U-shaped structure is the largest and tallest student housing building on campus. The building includes 134-beds in four- to five-person suites with their own kitchens, as well as stand alone rooms, student lounges, a large communal kitchen, group study areas, and laundry facilities.
This is the first of three new student housing buildings planned, the design of all of which will be integrated into the existing college campus.
The project utilizes a valance passive radiant heating and cooling system for the dormitory rooms. The system decreases fan energy significantly and reduces the annual maintenance at the terminal conditioning systems. These sustainable systems supported the project in achieving LEED Silver.
Size: 45,000 sf
Project Cost: $19 million
End Date: 2015
Architect: Pfeiffer Partners Architects
Owner: Harvey Mudd College
Services: MEP Engineering, Energy Analysis, Sustainability Consulting