- Silverrock Resort Luxury & Lifestyle Hotels
- Gerding Theatre at the Armory
- Indian Wells Tennis Garden
- Allison Inn & Spa
- MGM CityCenter
- Levi's Stadium
- Matthew Knight Arena - University of Oregon
- Sokol Blosser Winery Tasting Room
- The Ranch - Extron
- University of Oregon Jane Sanders Softball Stadium
- Banc of California Stadium
Santa Clara, California
Home to the San Francisco 49ers and the world’s premier outdoor sports and entertainment events, the new airy Levi’s Stadium in the Silicon Valley opened its gates to lucky fans in 2014. Environmentally friendly, technologically equipped, and beautifully designed, this place sought to exceed all expectations for a sports facility.
Supporting the owner and design team’s sustainability goals, Glumac conducted the LEED and Enhanced Commissioning for this 1.85 million square feet facility (seating capacity of 68,500, 165 luxury suites, and 8,500 club seats). Levi’s Stadium is currently the largest facility certified by the USGBC and the first NFL stadium certified LEED Gold for New Construction in the US.
To reach energy-efficiency goals, the Glumac commissioning team monitored energy use and continuously tuned the systems. We also developed a comprehensive measurement and verification plan to help building operators monitor the energy use and realize the continuous benefit of lower energy use for the lifetime of the facility.
Stats + Features
- 27,000-square-foot green roof
- 20,000-square-foot of solar panels
- Mechanical systems consisted of a condenser water system with four cooling towers, heat exchangers and associated pumps
- Over 45 air handlers, 100 exhaust fans, 80 water source heat pumps and over 450 variable air volume boxes
- Energy efficient lighting systems have a lighting controls system, a daylight harvesting controls system and an occupancy sensor controls system
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures with reclaimed water system for the field and green roof irrigation
- Domestic water system is comprised of two boilers, two 4,000 gallon storage tanks, booster pumps, water softening system, and numerous electric instantaneous water heaters
- Other features such as a carbon monoxide detection system, sewage ejector pumps, and all encompassing building automation system make this stadium the model for all stadium that aspire to be sustainable
Size: 1.85 million sf
Completion Date: 2014
Construction Cost: $1.18 billion
Architect: Howard, Needles, Tammen & Bergendoff California Architects, P.C..
Contractor: Turner Construction & Devcon Construction
Image courtesy of Matthew Roth
The decision to build the new 68,500-seat Levi’s ® Stadium, a venue owned by the Santa Clara Stadium Authority, was never about simply constructing a new home for its city’s beloved football team, the San Francisco 49ers. It was intended to be the first of its kind in sustainability: the first stadium in the United States to receive LEED Gold certification as new construction. | Read More