- Creekside Community High School
- California State University Stanislaus Student Union
- CSU Long Beach Clean Energy Master Plan
- AltaSea at the Port of Los Angeles
- Santa Barbara City College West Campus Center
- University of Oregon Jane Sanders Softball Stadium
- Chapman University Keck Center for Science and Engineering
- California State University Northridge Sustainability Center
- San Diego State University Engineering & Interdisciplinary Sciences Building
- California State University Northridge Student Housing Phase 2
- Harvey Mudd College Drinkward Hall Student Housing
- University of Texas Football Players Facility
- Matthew Knight Arena - University of Oregon
- UCLA Hitch Suites and Commons Buildings
- Mission College Student Engagement Center
- University of Washington, Tacoma - Russell T. Joy Building
- Pacific Northwest College of Art
- Los Angeles Community College District’s Pierce College Library/Learning Crossroads
- University of Washington Bothell - Discovery Hall
- University of Oregon - Straub Hall
Matthew Knight Arena – University of Oregon
The LEED Gold Arena features a basketball court including a 32×36-foot, 65,000- pound center-hung scoreboard – the largest in college sports. It also includes two practice courts, five locker rooms, a weight room, training and nutrition facilities, ticket offices and two retail Duck Stores. Glumac played a significant role working with the design and construction team to attain the Arena’s functional and sustainability goals. Construction began in October 2008 and commissioning was completed in April 2011.
Glumac’s building commissioning agents guided successful installation of equipment – testing functionality and energy efficiency of all the HVAC, electrical, and controls equipment and systems.
Glumac’s efforts allowed the arena to apply for LEED Gold instead of its original goal of Silver. Glumac continues to monitor the arena’s energy – improving operability and reducing maintenance costs.
Sustainable Building Features
- Isolation of the perimeter concourse HVAC air supply from air to the interior “bowl”
- Installation of occupancy sensors for practice court lighting
- Installation of Big Ass Fans™for temperature de-stratification in the arena bowl and practice courts. They are used for air circulation to reduce cooling energy consumption.
- High-efficiency lighting system.
- Energy recovery ventilators for free heating/cooling energy otherwise released to the outdoors.
- Controls alignment for displacement ventilation across the court surface for low capacity events – such as practices and high school summer camps
Size: 400,000 square feet
End Date: 2011
Architect: ZGF Architects
Contractor: Hoffman Construction
Images courtesy of Eric Maxwell
Two years ago, we wrote about Glumac’s Commissioning work at the University of Oregon Duck’s new 12,541-seat Matthew Knight Sports Arena in Eugene, Oregon. The project was designed by a world-class architectural and engineering team. While most sports facilities are just designed to code, this facility was shooting for LEED® Silver and Glumac encouraged the team to actually achieve LEED Gold. | Read More