- Central City Concern Eastside Health and Recovery Center
- War Memorial Veterans Building
- Goodwill Job Training and Education Center
- Pico Branch Library
- Oregon Convention Center
- Newport Beach Civic Center
- AltaSea at the Port of Los Angeles
- Ashland Youth Center
- Gerding Theatre at the Armory
- Experience Music Project Launch Pad
- Los Angeles Community College District’s Pierce College Library/Learning Crossroads
- Los Gatos Library
Pico Branch Library
Santa Monica, CA
Glumac provided MEP engineering and building commissioning services for a 9.5 acre park that includes a new 8,690 sf Pico Branch library and renovations of portions of an existing building.
The project accommodates community workshops, older youth center, Police Activities League fitness gym, park administrative offices and Police Substation. Cosmetic renovation of the Thelma Terry Center is included, as well as a new 1,300-square-foot building that features park restrooms, park program space, and mechanical equipment for the water feature.
Scope of work included the new routing of electrical utilities to accommodate rainwater harvesting, power for pump and controls, new plumbing design for reclaim water system for use in toilets, and displacement ventilation throughout most of the library.
The City’s commitment to sustainable building design earned this project a LEED Platinum certification.
Size: 8,690 sf building on a 9.5 acre park
Estimated Project Cost: $10.8 million
Estimated Completion Date: 2014
Owner: City of Santa Monica
Architect: Koning Eizenberg
Services: MEP Engineering, Commissioning