- Kaiser Permanente Murrieta Mapleton Medical Office Building
- Kaiser Permanente Chino Grand Medical Office Building
- Meridian Center for Health
- Kaiser Permanente Market & Valentine Specialty Medical Office Building
- Kaiser Permanente Antelope Valley MOB
- Providence Holy Cross
- Providence Medical Center North Pavilion
- Providence Newberg Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente La Habra Medical Office Building
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Kaiser Santa Rosa
- Three Rivers Hospital Outpatient Pavilion
- Providence St. Vincent M Floor Renovation
- High Desert MACC
Providence Holy Cross
Mission Hills, California
Optimum system performance is crucial in a healthcare facility, and downtime is not an option. While Glumac’s building commissioning agents oversaw the testing phase of the MEP systems at Providence Holy Cross Medical Center’s new patient tower, they also worked to ensure the campus’ central utility plant remained operational throughout the expansion.
The plant was upgraded with three new 540-ton electric centrifugal water-cooled chillers, a 1,600-ton cooling tower and associated chilled and condenser water pumps. Heavy coordination was involved with the hospital staff to allow for the new central utility plant to be connected and tested while the existing plant continued to provide cooling throughout the campus.
Housed within the new tower are 10 labor, delivery, recovery, and postpartum suites, and a wellborn nursery. The new tower expansion also included new HVAC systems, including air handlers, hot water boilers, pumps, variable, and constant air volume terminal and humidifiers.
Size: 169,500 sf
Construction Cost: $181 Million
Completion Date: 2010
Architect: HMC Architects