- Kaiser Permanente Murrieta Mapleton Medical Office Building
- Kaiser Permanente Chino Grand Medical Office Building
- Meridian Center for Health
- Kaiser Permanente Market & Valentine Specialty Medical Office Building
- Kaiser Permanente Antelope Valley MOB
- Providence Holy Cross
- Providence Medical Center North Pavilion
- Providence Newberg Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente La Habra Medical Office Building
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Kaiser Santa Rosa
- Three Rivers Hospital Outpatient Pavilion
- Providence St. Vincent M Floor Renovation
- High Desert MACC
Three Rivers Hospital Outpatient Pavilion
Grants Pass, Oregon
With an increasing squeeze on the areas emergency room space due to a rising population of outpatients needing general care, the Asante Health System elected to construct a new 90,000-square-foot outpatient pavilion to better serve the growing community need.
Glumac provided MEP engineering design for the new facility, which served as an early example of a growing trend with medical office buildings, to expand the functionality to meet more needs. The pavilion now features offices, a rehab center, operating rooms and a sterile environment for maintaining clean surgery tools and operation preparation. An air handler was designed, with separate dedicated systems for the various specialized areas of the facility, including a filtration system to ensure state code for sterile environments, as well as the handling of medical gases (oxygen, medical grade air, vacuum systems). Solar hot water is derived from a system on the roof, and supplies the needs of each area. Radiant heating was utilized to condition the interior of the facility, and is made more energy efficient by a heat recovery system. An emergency power generator was also designed as a backup source of electricity.
The project achieved LEED Silver certification, and serves as part of a larger scale project throughout the Asante system, which also includes a neonatal intensive care unit and laboratory expansion at the Rogue Valley Medical Center in Medford.
Size: 90,000 sf
Cost: $30 million
Architect: TVA Architects
Services: MEP Engineering